Chancy Drugs operates the only nationally accredited compounding pharmacy in South Georgia. Compound prescriptions are filled at our state-of-the-art compounding lab located inside the Chancy Drugs Valdosta store.
Our compounding pharmacists are highly skilled at preparing customized medications to meet specific needs of patients for a variety of conditions.
What is compounding?
Compounded medications are drugs specifically prepared for a patient’s needs, based on a prescription from their doctor or healthcare provider. Our highly trained compounding pharmacists mix different ingredients together to create an individualized medication for you, specifically tailored to strengths and dosage your doctor has prescribed.
Why choose Chancy Drugs for compounding?
- Chancy Drugs operates the only nationally accredited compounding pharmacy in South Georgia.
- Compound prescriptions are fill at our state-of-the-art compounding lab located inside the Chancy Drugs Valdosta store.
- Our compounding pharmacist are highly skilled at preparing customized medications to meet specific needs for a variety of conditions.
- We will work closely with your doctor to create personalized medication in a dose form specifically tailored to meet your needs.
Benefits of Compounding Medications
- Medications can be customized to the exact dose needed for each individual patient.
- Unique dosage forms, such as transdermal gels, troches, creams and lollipops.
- Medication free of excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose or alcohol.
- Combinations of various compatible medications available in single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- An affordable alternative for medications that are not commercially available or no longer covered by insurance.
Most Commonly Prescribed Compounds
- Bioidentical hormone therapy
- Muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory
- Adrenal dysfunction and thyroid support
- Veterinary medications
- Pain Management
- Wound Care
- Sexual Health
- Nasal Irrigations
How does it work?
If you’re a prescriber:
We will work closely with you to identify the best compounded prescription for your individual patient. You can send a prescription via your office’s e-scribe system or contact us by phone (229) 245-9922 or fax (229) 588-8108. We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a patient:
We will work closely with your physician or prescriber to prepare customized medication that is right for your individual needs. If your healthcare provider prescribes a custom compound medication, please ask them to send the prescription to Chancy Drugs. Please contact us at (229) 245-9922 if you have any questions about the compounding services we offer. We can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
Meet our Compounding Pharmacists
Alyssa Pate PharmD
Chris Coleman PharmD
Jeff Rowan PharmD
Thomas McSwain RPh